This hyperbolic immersive post-post-apocalyptic cosmic costume ball has undergone radical transformation since the first May the Fourth Be With You party a decade ago, each subsequent iteration opening the extradimensional portal wider as it worked its way toward its final form; an otherworldly ball for all the dreamers, outsiders, and misfits of the universe.
Proudly presented by Ritualcravt, Off The Bottle, Twist & Shout Records, Sonic Guild Colorado and The Wizard’s Chest on South Broadway.
Carnivale de Sensuale will be there to heat up the night with their beautifully bizarre blend of brain-breaking burlesque along with a surprise guest sure to drop jaws. This year’s line-up is sure to top all previous years and land this mothership of an event firmly in the annals of Denver’s legendary music scene.
Guests are encouraged to open their minds and, show us who they REALLY are under their mundane earthly disguises.
All are welcome to this intergalactic flight of fantasy but get your tickets early, as the party historically sells out.
Over $500 in prizes will be awarded to the best astral garb, atmosphere, and vestments. Check out the rules here.
Prepare to amaze and be amazed.
Ritualcravt, Off the Bottle, Twist & Shout, Indie 102.3, The Wizard’s Chest and Sonic Guild Colorado presents:
Itchy-O’s 2023 Intergalactic Masquerade
April 1, 2023
w/Carnivale de Sensuale
Doors: 8:00 p.m. Itchy-O’s
+18 (unless accompanied by an adult)
• All Contest participants must register in the lobby of The Oriental between 8pm and
9pm. Top 10 finalists will be chosen from all entrants to be called on stage. Crowd will
decide Top 3 winners.
• No flagrant nudity (Slave Leia- YES, Flesh Gordon- NO!)
• The following costumes may be worn for competition, but may not be judged:
purchased costumes, rented costumes, or costumes purchased as a kit. These
costumes may be worn on stage for Cosmic Strut but may not be judged for the
• Small children, animals, and other creatures must be under the control of a
responsible adult at all times.
• Your costume should be finished before you get to the theater. No sewing, gluing,
spray painting, welding, or other construction work will be allowed in the theater.
However, final assembly of large costumes and/or props and unexpected repairs will be
• All participants will be required to sign a release for use of a video and photos.
• For safety reasons, the following is not allowed: live animals with the exception of
service animals, substances which might damage or soil other costumes, aerosol
sprays, or projectiles.
• No pyrotechnics will be allowed including but not limited to: fire, flash powder,
explosives, smoke bombs or fireworks.
• NO REAL WEAPONS ALLOWED. Prop weapons must follow the The Oriental Theater
policies and can only be used as part of the costume with
restrictions. You are not required to have your weapon “peace bonded” while you
appear on stage or in the venue however, you are expected to act responsibly with
your prop-weapon. The venue is not the place to practice your presentation’s sword
play! You may be asked to check your prop-weapon with security prior to the start of the
contest if we deem the weapon potentially dangerous to anyone.
• Costumes with electric power requirements need to be self-contained. There will be no
access to electrical outlets on stage.
• Costumes that could potentially damage the venue’s facilities will not be allowed.
• Surprise the audience, not the Oriental Theater or INTERGALACTIC MASQUERADE
staff. If you are planning something completely different, let us know well in advance. All
information will be held in the strictest confidence.
• No Whiners! Entrants are presumed to be adults, or under the supervision of one. All
INTERGALACTIC MASQUERADE judge’s decisions are final.
• The Oriental Theater and INTERGALACTIC MASQUERADE staff have the right to
eliminate any entry from the competition on the basis of taste, danger to the audience,
building or yourself, violation of any of the above rules, or any other reason deemed
sufficient. We do not wish to eliminate anyone, but this protects you and the event.
• Neither INTERGALACTIC MASQUERADE or THE ORIENTAL THEATER accepts any
responsibility for any damages to or theft of participant’s costumes.